• Fixed monthly price • All waste types covered • FREE bins and delivery • Excellent customer support
Devon is a beautiful county with a diverse economy. The region is home to a wide range of industries, including agriculture, tourism, manufacturing, and healthcare.
These industries produce a variety of waste materials, including food waste, construction debris, hazardous waste, and medical waste.
Managing waste can be a challenge for businesses in Devon. They need to comply with strict regulations, find cost-effective disposal methods, and reduce their environmental impact.
An efficient waste management plan can help businesses overcome these challenges and strengthen their bottom line.
WasteManaged are here to help local businesses in the region manage their general waste, mixed recycling, glass, cardboard, food, clinical & hazardous waste collections at an affordable price.
We began as a small business in Newcastle 12 years ago & have now grown to over 26,000 customers throughout the UK.
We did this by taking the time to learn about our customers’ waste needs, making us experts at handling refuse from multiple sectors.
Contact us today to get started on your waste management plan.
Benefits of efficient waste management plans Devon Businesses
- Compliance with regulations: Businesses can avoid fines and penalties by complying with strict waste regulations.
- Cost savings: Businesses can save money on waste disposal costs by recycling and reusing materials.
- Reduced environmental impact: Businesses can reduce their environmental impact by reducing the amount of waste they produce.
- Improved employee morale: Employees are more likely to be productive and engaged in a workplace that is clean and organised.
We offer Waste Management Plans in Devon for the Following
General waste is any waste that cannot be recycled or composted. It includes items such as non-recyclable plastics, food scraps, and cleaning products. General waste is typically disposed of in landfills.
Mixed recycling is a type of recycling that includes a variety of materials, such as paper, plastic, metal, and glass.
Mixed recycling is often easier to collect and process than single-stream recycling, but it is also more likely to be contaminated with non-recyclable materials.
Food waste is any food that is no longer fit for human consumption.
It can include food scraps, leftovers, spoiled food, and food that has been contaminated by pests or rodents.
Food waste is a major problem in the commercial sector, as it accounts for a significant portion of all waste generated by businesses.
Food waste can also be a major source of greenhouse gases, as it decomposes in landfills and releases methane, a potent greenhouse gas.
Paper waste is another common type of commercial waste. It includes paper towels, napkins, tissues, cardboard, and paper packaging.
Paper waste can be recycled, but it is often not, as it is often contaminated with food or other materials. Paper waste that is not recycled can end up in landfills, where it can take hundreds of years to decompose.
Plastic waste is a major problem in the environment, and it is also a major problem in the commercial sector.
Plastic waste includes plastic bags, bottles, cups, and containers. Plastic waste is often not recycled, as it is difficult to recycle and it is often not cost-effective to do so.
Plastic waste that is not recycled can end up in landfills, where it can take hundreds of years to decompose.
It can also end up in the environment, where it can harm wildlife and pollute waterways.
Glass waste is another type of commercial waste that can be recycled.
Glass waste includes glass bottles and jars. Glass waste is also relatively easy to recycle, and it can be recycled into new products.
Recycling glass waste helps to conserve natural resources and reduce pollution.
Industries in need of Waste Management in Devon
- Agriculture: The agricultural industry in Devon is a major contributor to the local economy.
Farmers produce a variety of waste materials, including food waste, animal manure, and pesticides. These waste materials can pollute waterways and soil, and they can also attract pests and rodents.
- Tourism: Devon is a popular tourist destination, and the tourism industry produces a significant amount of waste.
Tourists generate food waste, beverage waste, and packaging waste. This waste can contribute to litter and pollution in tourist destinations.
- Manufacturing: The manufacturing industry in Devon is diverse, and it produces a variety of waste materials.
Some of the common waste materials produced by manufacturing businesses include metal scraps, plastic waste, and hazardous waste.
These waste materials can be difficult to dispose of safely and can pose a risk to human health and the environment.
- Healthcare: The healthcare industry in Devon is also a major producer of waste.
Healthcare businesses generate medical waste, hazardous waste, and infectious waste.
These waste materials must be disposed of carefully to prevent the spread of disease.
Benefits of a complete waste management plan
- Compliance with regulations: Businesses in Devon must comply with strict waste regulations.
These regulations can be complex and time-consuming to understand and implement.
- Cost of disposal: The cost of waste disposal can be high, especially for businesses that generate a lot of waste.
- Environmental impact: Businesses need to be mindful of the environmental impact of their waste disposal practices.
They need to choose disposal methods that minimise the impact on air, water, and soil quality.
Devon has an average anuall recycling rate of 51.2% being recorded from 2021.
- Employee morale: A poorly managed waste disposal system can create a dirty and unhealthy work environment.
This can lead to employee health problems and reduced productivity.
An efficient waste management plan can help businesses in Devon overcome these challenges and strengthen their bottom line.
By developing a plan that complies with regulations, minimises costs, reduces environmental impact, and improves employee morale, businesses can improve their efficiency and profitability.