• Fixed monthly price • All waste types covered • FREE bins and delivery • Excellent customer support
Commercial Waste Bin Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle, the vibrant capital of the North East is famed for it’s friendly locals and electric atmosphere. With stunning sites like the riverside, Tyne bridge and Monument, it’s no wonder why Brtitish and foreign tourists alike flock here on their travels.
You’ll find countless cafes and restaurants along the cobbled streets here and the city boasts the best rated nightlife scene in Britian.
WasteManaged are proud do be based right in the centre of Newcastle and take care in providing a world class commercial waste service for businesses in the area.
We collect all types of waste. If you need collections for general waste, recycling, glass, cardboard, hazardous, food waste or cardboard recycling, we have a multitude of routes in Tyneside that can reach your business.
We only use ethical waste treatment practices and care about keeping our home town’s streets clean and tidy. (We don’t charge you for commercial bin rentals)
To see our prices, complete our quick quote form.
What types of commercial waste do we collect in Newcastle upon Tyne?
With industry thriving in Newcastle and Tyneside, it’s more important than ever to focus on efficient commercial waste management.
We understand how challenging it can be to manage multiple waste types. That’s why we offer full guidance on how best to control and dispose of commercial waste on your site in or near Newcastle.
We specialise in the following types of commercial waste:
- General waste: This includes non-recyclable and non-hazardous waste generated in commercial settings, such as office waste, packaging materials, and other miscellaneous items that cannot be recycled or reused.
- Paper waste: This includes documents, cardboard boxes, packaging materials, newspapers, magazines, and other paper products generated in commercial settings.
- Food waste: This includes spoiled or expired food, food scraps, and leftover meals from restaurants, cafeterias, and other food-related businesses.
- Plastic waste: This includes plastic bottles, packaging materials, bags, and other plastic products generated by businesses.
- Hazardous waste: This includes chemicals, batteries, light bulbs, and other materials that are dangerous to human health or the environment and need to be disposed of properly.
- Medical waste: This includes medical supplies, equipment, and materials generated by healthcare facilities, such as hospitals, clinics, and laboratories to be placed in a commercial bin.
- Organic waste: This includes garden waste, food waste, and other organic materials generated in commercial settings that can be composted or recycled.
- Glass waste: This includes glass bottles and other glass products generated in commercial settings..
Contact us today to see our commercial waste plans for Newcastle upon Tyne.
Where do we collect commercial waste in Newcastle upon Tyne?
We have numerous collection lorries on routes throughout Tyneside every day attending to both urban and rural sites. We also have smaller sized bin wagons as some of our clients’ businesses are in hard to reach locations which are too tight for most other waste management vehicles.
So no matter where you are located we will be able to get to you.
Newcastle Upon Tyne commercial bin collections
You will likely see our lorries collecting commercial waste in the following areas: NE1 Newcastle upon Tyne City Centre, Gosforth, North Shields, Tynemouth, Jesmond, Whitley Bay, Killingworth, Heaton, Byker and Wallsend.
How soon can you get a commercial waste bin?
We can get your commercial bin(s) delivered as soon as the next day for those who sign up before 15.00.
You only need to fill in our quote form to get a quote and then a member of our team will contact you to see which plan you would like to choose and answer any questions you have.
We would need to know the following:
- How many commercial bins you need
- The types of commercial waste you produce
- How often you need collections
- Your business name and contact details
Fill in our fast quote form here to see our prices.
Which sectors do we collect commercial waste for in Newcastle?
As WasteManaged have been collecting commercial waste in Tyneside for over 12 years we have really invested care into learning our clients’ sectors to better understand how we can improve our business bin service.
With industry booming in Newcastle, manufacturing sites, pubs, restaurants and businesses of all types need help with their business waste collections.
We gladly offer commercial bin services to the following business types:
- pub waste
- restaurant waste
- salon waste
- cafe waste
- trade waste
- office waste
- manufacturing waste
- dentist waste
- construction waste
- small business waste
Read our commercial waste guide to learn more.
Commercial waste bin size guide
240 l commercial bin
An ideal bin for smaller businesses in Newcastle. This bin is perfect for salons and commercial sites that don’t produce large amounts of rubbish or don’t have space for larger bins. Free rental.
660 l commercial bin
If you have this space and you require fortnightly collections then this 2 wheeled bin not much larger than the one you have at home is likely a good size. Free rental.
1100 l commercial bin
Most of our clients choose this option if they have space. It is the common 4 wheeled waste bin that you will see outside of many commercial sites in and around Newcastle and is capable of storing all types of waste. Free rental.
How is commercial waste processed in Newcastle?
Commercial waste, also known as business waste or industrial waste, is waste generated by businesses, offices, and other commercial activities. The processing of commercial waste typically involves several steps, including collection, transportation, sorting, treatment, and disposal.
Here is a general overview of how commercial waste is processed by WasteManaged:
- Collection: We collect commercial waste from businesses in Tyneside and transport it to a waste transfer station or recycling center.
- Sorting: At the transfer station or recycling center, the waste is sorted into different categories such as recyclables, organic waste, hazardous waste, and non-recyclable waste.
- Treatment: The sorted waste is treated using different methods depending on the type of waste. For example, recyclable materials such as paper, plastic, and metals are cleaned, sorted, and sent to a recycling facility to be processed into new products. Organic waste such as food waste and garden waste can be composted or processed into biogas through anaerobic digestion. Hazardous waste such as chemicals, batteries, and fluorescent bulbs are treated and disposed of safely to prevent environmental harm.
- Disposal: Once the waste has been sorted and treated, the remaining non-recyclable waste is sent to a landfill for final disposal.
It’s worth noting that many businesses are working to reduce their waste generation and improve their waste management practices. This includes reducing the amount of waste produced, segregating waste at the source, and recycling or composting as much waste as possible. Some businesses may even use waste-to-energy technologies to generate energy from waste.
What can businesses in Newcastle do to save money on commercial waste?
Waste management can be a significant expense for many businesses, but there are several ways to save money on it:
- Conduct a waste audit: Before taking any action, it is essential to understand your business’s waste stream. Conducting a waste audit can help identify areas of waste reduction and cost savings opportunities.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Implementing the “reduce, reuse, recycle” concept can save your business money. Consider ways to reduce the amount of waste generated, reuse materials when possible, and recycle what cannot be avoided.
- Optimise waste collection: Depending on the volume and type of waste generated, it may be more cost-effective to change the frequency or size of collection. For example, if you produce low volumes of hazardous waste, consider partnering with another business to share the cost of commercial bins.
- Implement a waste reduction program: Engage your employees in a waste reduction program that educates them on how to reduce waste and encourages them to follow sustainable practices.
- Look for alternative disposal options: Consider alternative waste disposal options that may be more cost-effective, such as composting or donating unused products to charity.
- Seek out incentives: Many local governments offer incentives for businesses that implement waste reduction practices. Check with your local commercial bin authority to see what incentives are available in your area.
By implementing these strategies, your business can save money on waste management while also reducing its environmental impact.
Where are we? We are located in the centre of Newcastle and our advisors are avaialable during normal business hours Monday until Saturday.
If you are a business owner based in the North East in need of waste management services then we’d love to hear from you.
Complete our quick quote form to see our fees.