• Fixed monthly price • All waste types covered • FREE bins and delivery • Excellent customer support
Commercial rubbish collection is an essential service that helps businesses manage their waste and ensure that it is disposed of properly.
In this guide, we will provide an overview of commercial rubbish collection and discuss some key considerations for businesses that are looking to use a waste disposal service.
What is commercial rubbish collection?
Commercial rubbish collection is the process of collecting, transporting, and disposing of waste from businesses, including office buildings, retail stores, restaurants, and other commercial establishments.
This service is typically provided by waste management companies, which have the expertise and equipment to handle the unique needs of commercial waste.
Why is commercial waste collection important?
Commercial rubbish collection is important for a number of reasons. First, it helps businesses manage their waste in a responsible and sustainable way.
By partnering with a professional waste collection service, businesses can ensure that their rubbish is handled properly and disposed of in an environmentally-friendly manner.
This can help businesses meet their environmental responsibilities and reduce their impact on the planet.
In addition to environmental benefits, business waste collection can also help businesses maintain a clean and safe working environment.
By regularly collecting and disposing of waste, businesses can prevent waste from accumulating and creating health and safety hazards.
This can help businesses maintain a high level of cleanliness and ensure that their employees and customers have a pleasant and comfortable experience.
What are the different types of commercial rubbish collection?
There are several different types of commercial waste collection services, each of which is designed to meet the unique needs of different types of businesses. Some of the most common types include:
- General waste collection: This type of service involves regular collection of waste from businesses on a pre-determined schedule. This is a good option for businesses that generate a consistent amount of waste and want to ensure that it is collected and disposed of regularly.
- Recycling collection: This service focuses on collecting and recycling specific types of waste, such as paper, cardboard, plastic, and metal. This is a good option for businesses that want to reduce their environmental impact and divert waste from landfills.
- Food waste collection: This includes all your plate scrappings, peelings, cut-offs, gone-off food etc. It’s an essential service for restaurants, takeaways, pubs, and hotels.
- Glass waste collection: Perfect for clubs, bars, and restaurants, this is for all your glass bottles and jars.
- Clinical waste collection: This type of service is designed to collect and dispose of hazardous waste, such as chemicals, batteries, and electronic waste. This is a critical service for businesses that generate hazardous waste, as improper disposal can pose serious environmental and health risks.
What should businesses consider when choosing a business waste collection service?
When choosing a commercial rubbish collection service, there are several important factors that businesses should consider, including:
- Cost: The cost of waste disposal varies depending on factors such as the type of service, the amount of waste, and the frequency of collection. It’s important for businesses to compare prices and choose a service that is affordable and provides good value for money.
- Reputation: It’s important to choose a waste service that has a good reputation and is known for providing reliable and professional service. Businesses can research companies online and read customer reviews to learn more about their reputation. WasteManaged is rated 4+ on TrustPilot.
- Services offered: As discussed above, there are several different types of commercial rubbish collection services available. It’s important for businesses to choose a service that meets their specific needs and requirements. For example, businesses that generate a large amount of clinical waste will need a service that is specifically equipped to handle this type of waste.
- Environmental impact: Businesses should consider the environmental impact of their rubbish collection service. This includes factors such as a zero-waste-to-landfill policy. WasteManaged aims to recycle over 70% of its customers’ waste and has adopted a zero-waste-to-landfill policy. Get a quote from WasteManaged now.
What else do I need to know?
In addition to the factors discussed above, businesses should also consider the environmental impact of their waste service.
Many waste management companies are now offering eco-friendly options, such as recycling and composting services, that can help businesses reduce their environmental impact and minimise waste.
By choosing a green commercial rubbish collection service, businesses can demonstrate their commitment to sustainability and support the development of a more sustainable waste management system.
Once businesses have chosen a waste service, it’s important to establish a clear plan and schedule for waste collection.
This can help ensure that waste is collected regularly and efficiently, and that businesses are able to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
It’s also important for businesses to educate employees about the importance of properly sorting and disposing of waste, and to provide clear instructions and guidelines for waste management.
In conclusion, commercial rubbish collection is an essential service that helps businesses manage their waste and ensure that it is disposed of properly.
By choosing the right service and establishing a clear plan and schedule for waste collection, businesses can maintain a clean and safe working environment, meet their environmental responsibilities, and support the development of a more sustainable waste management system.